Here is the complete list of services offered by Rudolf Olah:
- Tech Career Coaching for Individuals – 30 min session – $45 USD
- Web Development Training for Teams
In an effort to deliver high-quality material and training, I have simplified the services. However if you are interested in training your team in other frameworks such as Angular, React, or Django or other technologies, I may be able to accommodate.
Tech Career Coaching
Tech career coaching sessions are 30 minutes long. Within that 30 minutes we discuss where you are in your career and where you want to go from there. We talk and collaborate on your career plans and what tech or knowledge or experience you will need to move up.
Think of tech career coaching as a specialized 1-on-1 meeting.
- Career planning in the tech and web/software development industry
- Strategy discussion for improving your career prospects
- Resume review and suggestions
*** Book a Coaching Session Now
Web Development Training
Outline of Training Sessions
The training is divided into three components:
- Webinars on covering basic and advanced topics in Elm programming
- Architecture and Design Sessions based on converting an existing code base to Elm
- Review and Refactor Sessions to review, discuss and refactor code with the team
Each session is between 30 minutes and 1 hour long, followed by a question and answer period.
Topics covered include:
- Why Elm? and Functional versus OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
- Elm syntax
- Type checking and type definitions and inference
- Solving basic algorithm problems with Elm
- Elm reactor as REPL and fast development feedback tool
- Compilation for single-page application or embedding in other applications
- Importing other libraries and working within the Elm ecosystem
- Nested vs flat components in large-scale apps
Architecture and Design Sessions
Each session is between 30 minutes and 2 hours.
The goal of the sessions are to cover these topics as related to a company project:
- Planning to convert a component to Elm
- Review design of converted component
- Handling JSON and API requests with Elm
- Start to embed Elm into the existing code base
Review and Refactor Sessions
Each session is between 30 minutes and 2 hours. The goal of each session is to discuss, review and refactor the code the team is working on.
*** Book an Elm Training Package Now
NOTE: the sessions and overall training package can be customized based on the goals for your team, the description above is just a sample training program. For instance if you would like to migrate a jQuery or React or Angular code base to Elm, I can instruct your team on the differences between those frontend web frameworks and Elm and how to port over specific code.