For project managers who are training in SCRUM agile, here is a scrum methodology diagram for reference:
Scrum Agile Methodology
- User stories (and tasks, features, etc.) are written and added to the product backlog. These can be written by the team, the project manager, project owner, or any other stakeholder.
- The Product Owner (or project manager) organizes the product backlog.
- During a sprint planning meeting, user stories are selected for design and development and implementation and prioritized into the sprint backlog by the product owner.
- The team works on the items in the sprint backlog with the Scrum Master helping to unblock team members.
- Every day the team meets for a daily scrum meeting where they discuss what they are working on and if they are blocked or stuck on anything.
- At the end of a sprint, there is a retrospective to see what went well and what needs to change.
- Then the cycle begins again with new user stories added, existing user stories selected for development and so on.